Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fresh Apple Cake by It's a Lifestyle, Not a Fad

.
Fresh Apple ~ Blueberry Cake

Today on Facebook I saw this super easy cake recipe. The family are almost home from a three-day vacation and this looks like the right thing to welcome them home with.

The cake was shared by a Facebook Group called It's a Lifestyle, Not a Fad and you can click on the name and ask to be admitted to the closed group.

When I first saw it, I thought that it would be great with blueberries, but Delaney isn't fond of that fruit so I decided to do half apples and half berries. A friend, Krissy, says she wants the bit from where the fruits meet!

This is three apples and about three cups of frozen blueberries:


Here it is sprinkled with the dry cake mix and one stick of melted butter. I almost used the Smart Start...but decided against it, although that would have worked, too.


My pan holds the same amount as a 9x13 pan, but this particular baking dish is a Polish Pottery one of slightly odd dimensions.










Here is the recipe as posted on Facebook:

Fresh Apple Cake

Layer your apple slices (or other fruit) at the bottom of a pan (9x11) that has been coated with non-stick spray.
Sprinkle on boxed cake mix.
Pour 1/2 cup of melted butter over the fruit and dry cake mix.
Bake at 350 for approximately 35-45 minutes -- it's done when it is nice and bubbly.


Since I used frozen blueberries, it took a little longer. I just kept watching to make sure that it was bubbly in the middle.

Now that I've done it once, I think my tweak would be to only use HALF of the dry cake mix. Or maybe add a cup of apple juice to the fruit. My fruit didn't make it quite moist enough.

I'm going to give this a FAMILY RATING of
 
THREE OUT OF FIVE



As three of us liked it and two just thought: meh.
When I pointed out the apples for Delaney, she said:
You know I don't like cooked apples EITHER.
 
 
Cooking is always an adventure for this family.

It was easy peasy! Let me know how YOURS turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment